To Muslims of America, I Apologize
Originally Published on OpEdNews
October 17, 2008
The truth about 9/11 continues to emerge. War-crimes charges are presently being prepared against President Bush by an eminent legal steering committee (http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article21022.htm).
While not initially on 9/11, it is just a question of time before the inquiry takes that subject in as well. And, when it does, the whole scenario that has represented Muslims as terrorists will collapse as well.
I am not a Muslim, but a Jew. Supposedly, I should somehow be antipathetic to Muslims. Supposedly too, by merely being a Jew I should somehow be a “Zionist neocon,” a militarist, etc.
I am in fact nothing of the sort. Neither are millions of my fellow Jews – any more than “Muslims” are terrorists.
In this election year, when the American public is as open and focussed as it will ever be, I consider it the right time to reissue this article. Its intent is to bring to the attention of the American people and the world the fact that the “secret state” has waged a campaign to paint Muslims as the “enemy within” when “Muslims” had nothing to do with 9/11.
Yes, a small number of Muslims worked as paid participants in the plot (Mohhamed Atta, for instance, and officials of the Pakistani ISI); yes, Al-Qaida was a CIA creation and played its part in the drama.
But 9/11 itself was solely the creation of the Bush administration and unknown accomplices in the CIA, FBI, military, other government agencies, and operatives, I believe, from other governments (including Mossad).
If I were to write this article today, I would change some of the factual statements in it. For instance, I now believe that an A-3 Skywarrior drone hit the Pentagon. But these alterations do not affect the main message here, which is that the world owes Muslims an apology.
People of America, it is time to ask the forgiveness of Muslims of America for years of stereotyping and mistreatment. It is time to realize that there was no “terrorist conspiracy” in 2001 (whether we have created one since then by our own actions is a different question). It is time to see that we were all stampeded and fooled. All the terror alerts, heightened security, and loss of civil rights are part of a drama to keep us hoodwinked and compliant. It has nothing to do with Muslims or “terrorism.”
Let me be the first to apologize to Muslims of America, Canada, Britain, and the rest of the world, for buying into the false accusations that they were in any way implicated in the events of 9/11. They were not. I ask your forgiveness.
I pray that we may all come together in love and understanding and create a new and united future, free from the same folly of stereotyping any group or people.
I also pray for the day when the example of the global elite, military-industrial complex, or secret state, which committed the mass murders and high treason of 9/11 and numerous other evil acts, will be rejected by us all and a normal, freedom-loving life returned to on this planet.
A growing consensus of Americans (and, in my case, Canadians) believe that 9/11 was a “false flag” operation carried out by the Bush administration and their agents in the American military and intelligence communities. (1)
According to people who have studied the situation, 9/11 was not caused by 19 Middle-Eastern hijackers with boxcutters; it was an inside job like the Gulf of Tonkin incident in 1964 and the bombing of the U.S.S. Liberty in 1967. (2)The conspiracy seems to have been aimed at frightening the American people into agreeing to attacks on Afghanistan, Iraq, and Iran. The aim appears to be to capture Middle-East oil and establish American hegemony before the American economy itself collapsed from debt and the greenback fell as the world’s premier currency [As they both are now. SB]. (3)
According to Michael Meacher, former British cabinet minister, the administration had been negotiating with the Taliban for a pipeline right-of-way through Afghanistan. They had offered a carpet of gold or a carpet of bombs and the Taliban refused the gold. (4) Some say that the plans for the invasion of Afghanistan were already in place before 9/11; that the troops were already positioned. They allege that, prior to 9/11, George Bush had the necessary papers to go to war ready for signing on his desk. (5)
In my view, a view which is not shared by all others in the 9/11 Truth Movement, the North and South Towers were not hit by passenger planes, but by remote-controlled drones. These allegations explain the pod the proponents of this view point to on the belly of the aircraft that hit Tower 2, the testimony of an eyewitness that the plane that hit Tower 2 had no passenger windows and was not a passenger jet, and the tight flight manouevres that would have rendered a pilot unconscious and would have been overridden by the plane’s onboard computer. (6)
The people I have found convincing point out that all the aircraft involved in 9/11 were followed from the first indications of abnormality by air traffic controllers, but that neither NORAD nor the Pentagon responded to the emergencies. Certainly the FAA knew by 8:30 a.m. on Sept. 11 that an emergency was playing out, a time well before the first crash. This time allowance would have been sufficient for NORAD to have launched interceptors and have brought down the “airliners.” (7)
Again, the people I have found convincing argue that the North and South Towers, as well as World Trade Center Building 7, were brought down by thousands of thermate cutter charges. This explanation accounts for the explosive auras bursting outwards as they collapsed and the demolition “squibs” observable in the news coverage. The fact that the buildings were brought down by controlled demolition is also inferable from the time it took the buildings to collapse (around 8 seconds), and corroborated by reputable architects, engineers, emergency responders, and demolitions experts. (8)
To bring a building down by controlled demolition takes extensive planning over days, if not weeks, moving the date of preparation well back before 9/11. Nineteen Middle-Eastern hijackers with boxcutters could not possibly have engaged in the extensive planning required or have installed thousands of explosives in the three WTC buildings. (9)
According to the view I hold with, the Pentagon was hit by a guided missile, as Donald Rumsfeld himself affirmed in a subsequent magazine interview. (10) Lt. Col. Karen Kwiatkowski worked at the Pentagon and went outside on 9/11 to look at the damage. What she saw shocked her. There was no wreckage on the scene (wings, tail, engines, seats, luggage, bodies). There was an entry hole only 20 feet wide. No adjacent windows were smashed. The lawn was not damaged or scorched. She thought the scene consistent with a missile attack, but not with an airplane crash. (11) Government involvement would explain why the FBI confiscated all film footage and released only five inconclusive frames from all the footage available. (12)
Hani Hanjour, alleged to have piloted the “aircraft,” may have been part of the government’s plot insofar as he trained at an American flight school. His instructor said he was incompetent at flying. The instructor could not imagine Hanjour piloting a 757. When one adds to that the fact that the flight data recorder shows a rapid descent and a bank which a passenger jet could hardly have made and then a precision hit on the first floor of the building which military pilots have said they would find difficult, the hypothesis that Hani Hanjour flew whatever hit the Pentagon becomes too improbable to be believed. (13)
As for the rest of the “hijackers,” the theory is that some of them were paid money to attend flight school, but that is the extent of their role. Mohammed Atta was paid $100,000 on Sept. 11, the payment being made in Washington through a Pakistani ISI general. On 9/11, Atta entered the United States and was photographed at the airport, following which he took a connecting flight back out of the United States. (14) No Arab names appear on any of the flights’ manifests. (15)
The serendipitous survival and discovery of a “hijacker’s” passport in excellent condition near Ground Zero after the total destruction of the North and South Towers is too improbable to accept. (16) The lack of credibility of such an event must implicate the agents who put the story forward.
At least six of the “hijackers” were found alive and well after 9/11; one was surprised to see his name in the news. This element of the official story is so important that I shall quote at length the evidence refuting it:
“The New Pearl Harbor reported evidence that at least six of the alleged hijackers are still alive. David Harrison of the Telegraph interviewed two of the men who supposedly died on Flight 93, which crashed in Pennsylvania, one of whom said that he “had never even heard of Pennsylvania,” let alone died there. The Associated Press reported that Waleed al-Shehri, supposedly on Flight 11, contacted the U.S. embassy in Morocco about two weeks after 9/11. The 9/11 Commission Report, nevertheless, suggested that al-Shehri was responsible for stabbing one of the flight attendants shortly before Flight 11 crashed into the North Tower.” (17)
“Saeed Al-Ghamdi, Mohand Al-Shehri, Abdul Aziz Al-Omari and Salem Al-Hazmi ‘are not dead and had nothing to do with the heinous terror attacks in New York and Washington,’ the Saudi Arabian embassy told the Orlando Sentinel.”
“Saudi Arabia’s Foreign Minister Prince Saud Al-Faisal told the Arabic Press after meeting with President George W. Bush on Sept. 20th [that] “it was proved that five of the names included in the FBI list had nothing to do with what happened.” (18)
Some news reports point out that Osama bin Laden stayed in the American military hospital in Dubai and was visited by the local CIA chief in June/July 2001. (19) At that time, he was wanted for the African embassy bombings, but no one attempted to arrest or harm him.
Others point out that, on Sept. 10, 2001, Osama bin Laden was admitted into a Pakistani hospital for his renal condition. He was closely guarded by the Pakistani military, though no explanations were furnished as to why. Surely the U.S. would have been aware of bin Laden’s whereabouts on Sept. 11. (20)
Again, one has to notice that the FBI is not actively pursuing bin Laden for 9/11, as their spokesmen have said and as their website wanted poster demonstrates. (21) Last January, the CIA shut down its team dedicated to finding bin Laden. (22)
Why would they do that if bin Laden was the author of the worst crime in U.S. history?
One of the frustrations of investigating events that are being covered up is that the investigator can say what sounds untrue (contradictory, improbable, implausible, etc.), but one cannot say what is true. I therefore have no idea if Osama bin Laden actually played some role in 9/11, but, if he did, increasingly that role comes to resemble a part paid for by the CIA.
Now why do I bring up these events? I do not bring them up because I want you to subscribe to my view of them as what really happened on 9/11. I do not know what really happened. I’m not sure anyone does, with the exception that scientists who have looked at physical remains and others like them can with some assurance say what events happened at the chemical and physical level.
I write this article to say that it does seem clear to me that 9/11 was made in America and made by what appear to be officials at the highest levels of power.
Following these events, these same officials dictated that a policy of rounding up American Muslims, racially-profiling them at airports, and treating the community with suspiciousness should prevail, even though they themselves had caused the catastrophe and not the American Muslim community.
I acknowledge here that I know practically nothing about the American Muslim community. I know very, very little about world Islam. I am not an expert on 9/11 either. It was not my intention to write on any of those themes.
It was my intention to offer my apologies to the American Muslim community for having bought the official story of 9/11 for so long and shared in the suspiciousness towards it.
Looking from the vantage point I do now, I see no grounds for blaming Muslims for 9/11.
It may be that the actions of the American government have created a “war on terror” where none existed as of 2001 – I don’t know. Unjust and illegal wars in Afghanistan and Iraq have killed millions of people and made the U.S. many new enemies. But again I do not claim to be an expert on these circumstances.
But I do believe that the “war on terror,” along with 9/11 itself, was “made in America.” Every time I hear of a terror alert, I do suspect that I am being manipulated.
Recently Vice-President Cheney, CIA Director Gen. Michael Hayden, and other major and minor political figures have hinted that a second 9/11 could be expected. I also think that, should it occur, this event too will be an inside job and will have nothing to do with the American Muslim community. And I feel a need to say that before an event like it occurs.
In my mind, George Bush, Dick Cheney and unknown other shadowy figures whom I cannot name are the real terrorists. They are guilty of mass murder and high treason. And we are complicit through our silence and in accepting as the explanation their false charges against Muslims.
(2) On the Gulf of Tonkin incident, see “The Gulf of Tonkin Incident,” Wikipedia, http://tinyurl.com/2tcalk, 12 Sept. 2007; David Ray Griffin, “Myth Number 1: Our political and military leaders simply would not do such a thing,” http://tinyurl.com/2tqu34; on U.S.S. Liberty, see Paul Joseph Watson, “Former Reagan Deputy and Colonel Says 9/11 ‘Dog That Doesn’t Hunt,’” Knowledge Driven Revolution, 29 June 2006, http://tinyurl.com/3yzozu; “U.S.S. Liberty Incident,” Wikipedia, http://tinyurl.com/zny38; Jim Marrs, Journalist and Author of Rule by Secrecy in the video One Nation Under Seige.
(3) Michael Meacher, “This war on terrorism is bogus,” The Guardian, 6 Sept. 2003; Mike Whitney, “The Dollar’s Full-System Meltdown,” Global Research, 31 Oct. 2006; “Interview with David Ray Griffin,” Whole Life Times, http://tinyurl.com/36lh4b7.>
(4) See Sources in footnote 3, as well as Michel Chossudovsky, “Is the Bush Administration Planning a Nuclear Holocaust? Will the US launch ‘Mini-nukes’ against Iran in Retaliation for Tehran’s ‘Non-compliance’?” Global Research, 22 February 2006; Chossudovsky, “The Criminalization of US Foreign Policy. From the Truman Doctrine to the Neo-Conservatives,” Global Research, 5 February 2007.
(5) Meacher, ibid.; Alex Jones and Charlie Sheen on radio at PrisonPlanet.tv,
(6) Videos, Loose Change, 9/11: In Plane Site and 9/11: The Ripple Effect.
(7) Former Boston Center controller Robin Hordon interviewed by Pilots for 9/11 Truth in Aviation Reality on 9/11, http://tinyurl.com/2vn4oa; Hordon, Former FAA Air Traffic Controller at the Boston Air Route Traffic Control Center, located in Nashua, NH, 1970 – 1981. Former Certified Commercial Pilot. Former Certified Flight Instructor and Certified Ground Instructor. http://Www.PatriotsQuestion9/11.com, received 28 July 2007; Mark Ehrman, “Getting Agnostic about 9/11,” L.A. Times.com Magazine, 28 August 2005.
(8) Richard Gage, “Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth,” http://tinyurl.com/23cspo, downloaded 28 July 2007; Gibb Wake, “Iraq war veteran and experienced demolitions expert blows the cover on 9/11 inside job,” National Writer’s Syndicate, 31 July 2007, http://tinyurl.com/29p7ut; Dr. David Ray Griffin, “9/11 and the Mainstream Press,” 9/11 Visibility Project, 29 July 2005, http://tinyurl.com/2fapll; “America’s Leading Collapse Expert Thought South Tower Was Brought Down With Explosives,” 911blogger.com, http://www.911blogger.com/node/11241.
(9) Statement of Barbara Honegger, MS, Patriots Question 9/11, http://tinyurl.com/yr3yge; New Jersey Emergency Medical Technician who wishes to be known only by his first name, Mike, writing to Loose Change producer Dylan Avery, Conspiracy Planet, 7 August 2007,
(10) Interview with Parade Magazine, shown in the video Loose Change.
(11) Statement of Lt. Col. Karen Kwiatkowski, Ph.D., Patriots Question 9/11, downloaded http://www.patriotsquestion911.com/.
(12) Bill McKelway, “Three Months On, Tension Lingers Near the Pentagon,” Richmond Times-Dispatch, 11 Dec. 2001, http://tinyurl.com/3qe7a; Dr. David Ray Griffin, “9/11 and the Mainstream Press,” 9/11 Visibility Project, 29 July 2005,
(13) Dr. David Ray Griffin, “9/11 and the Mainstream Press,” ibid.; Russ Wittenberg, commercial and Air Force pilot who flew two of the planes used in 9/11, Wing TV, in Loose Change, http://tinyurl.com/2ug2kg ; Statement of Barbara Honegger, ibid.; Statement of Commander Ted Muga, U.S. Navy (ret), Patriots Question 9/11, http://www,patriotsquestion911.com; Statement of Lt. Col. Jeff Latas, Patriots Question 9/11, http://tinyurl.com/ypyzrm; video 9/11: In Plane Site.
(14) 9/11Truth.org, Answers to 9/11 Families’ Questions, posted 20 July 2007 at http://tinyurl.com/246peb; Statement of Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney, former 6-term Congresswoman from Georgia 1993 – 2002, 2005 – 2006; member of the House Armed Services Committee and Member of the International Relations Committee, Patriots Question 9/11, http://tinyurl.com/g56bh.
(15) David Ray Griffin in http://www.911truth.dk/first/en/faq.htm.
(16) Tony Rennell, “9/11 on Trial,” Daily Mail, 6 Aug. 2005,
(17) Dr. David Ray Griffin, “9/11 and the Mainstream Press,” ibid.
(18) “Alleged Hijackers Alive and Well,” 9/11 Research, http://tinyurl.com/yrdwj2. See also Richard Heinberg, author, The Oil Depletion Protocol in Coincidences 9/11, Part 10.
(19) Video Loose Change.
(20) Loc. cit.
(21) http://tinyurl.com/syn8m, downloaded 31 July 2007; Dr. David Ray Griffin and Rob Balsamo, “Could Barbara Olson Have Made Those Calls? An Analysis of New Evidence about Onboard Phones,” Pilots for 911 Truth, 26 June 2007,
(22) “CIA Reportedly Disbands Bin Laden Unit,” ny9/11truth.org, http://www.ny911truth.org/